Kangoo Jumps (or KJ for short) are safe, low impact rebound sport shoes, providing many great health benefits, for everyone, any age. They are so much fun you'll forget you’re exercising to get into better shape. Never has a sport been so enjoyable, safe and easy to learn. Being the world's lowest impact shoes, KJ reduce the impact by 40-80% when compared to conventional training shoes. They provide the very best protection to your ankles, knees, hips, lower back, spinal column & joints in general. KJ secure a better workout by lengthening the impact time of each step to allow the muscles to react & absorb the energy otherwise lost into pure, joint damaging impact. This means you spend more energy safely. Moreover, the weight of KJ (almost 2kg per foot) enhances the workout.
KJ provides an exciting feeling of power, lightness and euphoria. Which all translates into more fun! Benefits of KJ's rebound exercise have been proven by over 40 years of research, namely: strengthen every single cell, muscle and organ of the body, provide fast weight loss through stimulation of the lymphatic system, slow or reverse the aging process, prevent and cure a wide variety of diseases. New 2003 models offer better rebound and a softer ride. No need to adapt the T-spring to the weight of the user anymore.
Usage of Kangoo Jumps:
- Jogging & Running Scientific investigations on impact forces have reported that between 27% to 70% of runners or joggers are injured in the first year after commencement of running. KJ were originally developed for serious runner, avid joggers, or casual health-conscious exerciser to reduce the impact stress on joints. A Swiss chiropodist study shows that KJ correct pronation and supination conditions while being used.
Two of the many reasons doctors recommend KJ, for rehabilitation after surgery & for prevention of injuries. It also explains why so many people who couldn't run anymore are reporting being able to run again using KJ. KJ also increase endurance drastically. Professional marathon runners using KJ feel much less pain & less excessive exhaustion as soon as the next day. One of the biggest challenges of long distance competitive running is the huge amount of time it takes to properly prepare and the risk of injuries associated with over-straining.
- Home Fitness We all know that we need some kind of physical exercise to counterbalance our modern, sedentary way of life. The big question is the choice. KJ satisfy the most demanding criteria you can think of:
- Simplicity: KJ are so easy to use for anybody, any age, anywhere, anytime.
- Safety: KJ protect and reinforce your ankles, shins, knees, hips, lower back and spine.
- Highest efficiency: NASA scientific studies show that rebound exercise is the most efficient, effective and pleasant exercise ever devised. Simultaneously, all your body cells, muscles and organs are challenged and trained to be their most efficient with each gentle bounce you do.
- Most enjoyable: usually exercise is boring and painful. But every minute on KJ is enjoyable!
- No exhaustion: most people quit exercise because of pain and exhaustion. But you now may exercise gently & enjoyably with KJ at your own pace.
- Space requirement: KJ are referred to as “a gym in a bag” while still satisfing all requirements for a full body workout. As little as 20-30 sq. foot space is needed.
- Time savings: gentle exercise with KJ for as little as 3 minutes, 2 times a day, will keep you in good shape.
- Body & mind balance: KJ cause inevitably euphoria, thus fight depression.
- Motivation: just turn on your favorite music and you will feel the URGE to get back on your KJ.
- Versatility: you will never get bored with KJ which can be used on all surfaces indoors & outdoors.
- Cost effective: cost significantly less than most other exercise
gear. Also consider the savings in time, space and gym fees.
- Weight Loss
Forget Crazy Diets! While we stress the importance of eating a balanced diet, we are actually more concerned with adding a pleasurable, non strenuous exercise element to your life.
University studies show clearly that you spend much more energy, or calories, using KJ, compared to usual sport shoes. However, this alone does not explain the dramatic weight loss stated by regular KJ users. The secret lies in the lymphatic system. The lymph is the liquid which circulates in-between our cells, to carry the wastes and toxins out of our body & keeping it healthy. Most of us are unaware that our bodies contain four times as much lymph fluid as blood. However our lymphatic system, which is also our immune system, does not have a pump like the heart to keep its liquid in motion. It depends on our natural movements associated with gravitational forces for circulation! If we don't move enough, excess levels of toxin actually clutters our lymphatic system and “poisons” our cells. In some places the lymph fluid actually crystallizes into cellulite, which many of us know is hard to eliminate.
Rebound exercise has been found to be the most effective way to “re-prime the pump” and keep it going, due to the up & down swinging in a low impact environment, like with KJ.
The lymphatic system also monitors our metabolism. As we get older, we seem to put on more weight, which become harder and harder to lose. Studies have shown that our base metabolic rate, which is the rate that our bodies burn calories, decreases as our lymphatic system becomes less efficient. But with regularly KJ use, our base metabolic rate will become increasingly more efficient, resulting in noticeable improvements in our muscle tone, and weight management. In fact, we are actually re-training each cell to perform as it did when we were younger. Once we have re-set our metabolism, we will burn more calories at higher rate, and will not regain weight with continuous KJ use.
- Kangoo'Robic Classes Usually, the biggest obstacle for those wanting to engage in a physical activity is finding exercises that are interesting, challenging, safe and effective, while remaining enjoyable. Kangoo'Robics is the perfect answer.
Kangoo'Robics has originally been developed in Germany, in 1996. In 1998 it was approved by AFAA, world's (American) largest fitness organization. Since then, a growing number of fitness clubs, in many countries, offer regular Kangoo'Robic classes. The steps and choreographics are slower & easier, so that Kangoo'Robics is also suitable for middle aged and senior people
- Athletic Training Creating a series of exercises using innovative KJ can save considerable amounts of workout time as well. Oxygen consumption is significantly increased while the cardiovascular and glandular systems are optimized. Training and cross training can continue, indoors and outdoors, throughout the year. KJ increase your endurance drastically, as well as balance and agility (stimulate proprioreceptors intensely).
- Rehabilitation & Injury
Prevention Physiotherapists and medical doctors recommend the use of KJ for patients as an important rehabilitation factor. The reduction of up to 60% of impact shock allows athletes to resume their workouts and training much sooner. Too often, rehabilitation time compromises muscle control, proprioception, and balance. Using KJ helps you limit the risk of aggravating or damaging joints that have been weakened by overuse or reconstructive surgery. Reducing impact allows these areas to strengthen while your general health improves. For injuries caused by sedentary conditions, KJ are also an excellent rehabilitation factor as it improves the patient's cardiovascular system, musculature and skeletal systems.
- Children's Education & Games
Kids love to bounce…they jump on the bed, on the couch, on trampolines, and they love the sensation of being "air-borne". In fact, the urge to jump is quite natural.
KJ are very safe and easy to use. Overweight and physcially inactive children finally have a perfect exercise option that burns calories, tones all muscles, increases their agility and self esteem, while they are playing! In his book "Jumping for Health" Dr. Morton Walker writes how rebounding helps correcting learning disabilities, improves vision, coordination, concentration, spatial awareness, rhythm, posture. KJ are currently being tested successfully in Denmark with autistic children.
- Global Health
Each cell in your body is similar to a small balloon filled with a liquid, called cytoplasm. Rebounding put all your cells gently under stress, reinforcing and revitalizing them. It's like getting each of your cell doing pushups. Thus you reinforce simultaneously the sixty trillions cells of your body, all your organs and all your muscles. The good news with KJ is that you don't need to make strenuous exercise to achieve astonishing results.
What cell training with Kangoo Jumps can do for you:
- Develops all your muscles and shape your body naturally
- Reduces your excess fat / weight rapidly and safely
- Prevents cardiovascular problems
- Reverses or slows the aging process (for instance: firms your skin, maintains or restores your bone and muscle mass)
- Prevents or corrects many health problems
- Induces euphoria (thus fights depression) and reduces mental stress
- Revitalizes your vision
- Maximizes your vitality
- Stimulates your lymphatic system thus: cleans your cells by eliminating the damaging toxins, reinforces your immune system, balances your metabolism
- Just for Pure Fun!
KJ create such a state of euphoria, a feeling of power and lightness, that you will also love them just for the fun they provide. The experience of altered state of consciousness that is associated with bouncing will make you joyful, enhance your life, regardless of your age and your fitness level.
Use KJ for various games, for dancing, for walking the dog, for playing with your kids, for shows, even for tricks, Let your creativity guide you and your inner child awakened. If you like to get attention, KJ are a sure way to attract people's curiosity and make new contacts...
- Is it difficult to learn using Kangoo Jumps?
Not at all. You will feel comfortable and safe after a few minutes of use only. The soles being as wide as your shoes, you feel very stable.
- Can Kangoo Jumps be used by anyone?
Yes, they are for all ages, all levels of sportive skills. But your weight should not be under 42 kilos (95 lbs). A model for lower weights (children) is also available. Warning: people with health problems should first consult their doctor.
- How high can you jump with the Kangoo Jumps?
They are not really meant for jumping very high, but for jogging, aerobic (Kangoo'Robic), cross training dancing, enjoying a feeling of "Moon walking". The height of the jumps depend on the strength of the tension springs you adjust on your Kangoo Jumps, and the energy you develop (you can buy additional tension springs and accessories for more extreme uses).
- How about the quality of the Kangoo Jumps?
They are made of the best materials available. The hard shell boot, for instance, is made of PU, which is about 3 times more expensive than the materials used for most in-line skates. KJ are on the market since a few years already, and have been put under very severe strain tests:
- They are being used by marathon men running at least 10 km per day, for months.
- They are being used in fitness clubs for up to 3 hours per day, regularly.
So that the weak points have already been spotted and improved. Like any other quality product though, KJ do not last for ever. They need to be serviced, by replacing the used parts. Any spare part is available from Sigma Automotive. The parts which should be replaced the most frequently are:
a) the tension springs
b) the liners
The soles, made of the most expensive material, will not wear out for a very long time!
- Do Kangoo Jumps leave marks on the floors?
No, they definitely don’t (but obviously you should never use them when they are not assembled).
- Can Kangoo Jumps be used in the cold, on snow for instance?
You can use KJ in the cold. We recommend not using them at a temperature below - 5 C. The lower the temperature, the more difficult they are to compress, and the shells have a higher tendency to break. This is inherent to any material. KJ are also being used on snow. No problem as long as you remember that snow can be very slippery and use them at your own risk. You don't need to let the Kangoo Jumps in the cold before using them. Rather on the contrary: leave them in a heated room before using them in the cold. This way they will compress about the usual way. The material heats up while being used, so that it will stay warm WHILE being used.
1. The softness of your KJ must be tested while running, not jumping with both feet at once. For a use needing the maximum power (big jumps, etc), we suggest to buy a second pair of T-Springs, harder than the one indicated on the chart. If your KJ lack flexibility, get softer T-Springs from Sigma Automotive, Inc.
2. The TwinTurbos increase the rebounding power. They are removable and you may replace them by harder or softer ones in order to fine-tune your rebound effect of feeling. Harder ones will give you more rebounding power (for extreme uses).
Sizing & Fitting:
Kangoo Jumps are unisex. They are very comfortable and the sizes quite flexible, because the padding of the liner (inner shoe) adapts to the shape of your foot (even to wide foot).
Kangoo Jumps are marked with Men's sizes in the center back of the liner. They are only available in full sizes. If you normally wear a shoe size 7, for instance, order the size above, that is 8. As a rule, when in doubt, rather order a larger size, as you will still feel comfortable if your Kangoo Jumps size is up to 1 size larger than your usual shoe size.
In the worst case, should the ordered size not fit you, do not worry: we offer an excellent customer service and will fix the problem to your satisfaction.
The new T-Springs are designed for adding optional steel Coil Springs, allowing many customizing options: you may cut 1, 2 or even 3 bands of the T-Spring, to replace them with Coil Springs. Such Coil Springs provide a more dynamic spring effect and allow you to increase / decrease the spring compression resistance at will (by adding / removing a coil spring).
The innovative SRS (Safety Release System) double way safety system works efficiently: with SRS "ON", it is now impossible for the lower shell to “pops off”, even under the most severe conditions. With SRS "OFF", the system has the same release function as with the former models.
T-Springs, with their 4 TwinTurbos (compared to 2 on the previous model), offer more stability and better performance!
The T-Spring can be adapted to the weight or wish of the user, when a softer compression resistance is preferred:
3 bands (all bands intact)
2 bands (remove the center band)
1 band (remove two outer bands)
And with the optional Coil Springs you may now also increase / decrease the compression resistance at will. You get a total versatility!
The patented IPS provides the spring effect. It protects your joints by reducing the Impact by up to 80%.
All Kangoo Jumps model feature well ventilated boots, for top comfort.
|KJ PRO7 -
The Extreme model, for Strong Athletes and/or heavy people. KJ PRO7, with the new support plate, can return up to double the energy compared to the standard XR series models for the general public. It includes the versatile T-Springs TS-Pro6 plus 2 steel coil springs, which can optionally be added on the T-Spring, to make the spring system even harder to compress. The boot has a fashionable, distress look, handmade mat finish. The KJ PRO7 incorporates all the latest patented technology and is the most effective, efficient and versatile product available in it's category.
- Click HERE for in-depth technical info.
This is the allrounder, unisex model, everyone can use, whatever your weight. Also suitable for teens and pre-teens. This is the recommended model for Kangoo Jumps' Group Fitness Programs. The liner is removable and can be machine washed. It is extremely comfortable (suitable for marathons). It fits 98% of buyers.
- Click HERE for in-depth technical info.
|KJ ARMSTRONG XR -
This model features the first softboot designed by Kangoo Jumps. It requires a more acurate fit than KJ-XR3 model. It provides slightly less lateral stability than KJ-XR3 model and is therefore not recommended for individuals who over pronate or suppinate. This is a unisex model, everyone can use, whatever your weight (min weight 70 lbs - 32 Kg). It is also suitable for teens.
- Click HERE for in-depth technical info.
|KJ Power Shoe -
New Model! For JUNIORS, boys & girls, from 5 years up, weight from about 45 lbs (18 Kg) to about 120 lbs (55 Kg)
a high quality hard shell boot with a comfortable, washable liner which adapts to 3 sizes
versatile Tension Springs, with 4 TwinTurbo System, which allow customized adjustments. Optional steel KJ Coil Springs (sold separately) can be adapted, for additional customized effects.
- Click HERE for in-depth technical info.
- Using Kangoo Jumps, like any sport involving motion, involves some risk of injury. Although this product has been found to be very safe and easy to use by most users, it is important to follow some common sense guidelines to avoid accidental injury. Please carefully review the following instructions:
|RULES OF THE ROAD
Begin on a flat, dry surface when learning the basics.
Practice by running in place and learn the basics skills of jogging and coming to a smooth stop.
Stay alert and aware of your surroundings and changing road conditions. Remain in control of your motions.
Avoid water, oil, debris, and uneven pavements.
Observe all traffic regulations and avoid areas of heavy traffic.
More to the left of pedestrians, joggers, cyclists, skaters and rollerbladers, when passing them.
Except when passing always run on the right hand side of the road.
Safety gear is optional. Suggested use as per normal running or jogging.
QUICK CHECK YOUR KANGOO JUMPS BEFORE USE|
Follow the Assembly Instructions very carefully.
Check that the tension spring & sole are properly inserted .
Tighten buckles securely for good ankle support.
Allow a firm but comfortable fit from heel to toe.
Avoid gaining excessive speed going downhill.
Always be observant for obstacles in the road, path, or sidewalk.
Be sure about your ability to control your speed and stop before running or jumping on other than a flat surface.
DON'T OVERDO IT!!! People get so euphoric using Kangoo Jumps, that they have a tendency to exercise more than they should.
Pay attention for ankle soreness, either abrasive or bruising, and end your workout at the earliest feeling of discomfort. Extra padding, such as a jacket shoulder pad, tennis sweatband, or extra socks may ease to problem area.