Pedalite 360 Degree Visibility Pedal Lights are battery-free pedal lights for bicycles that have been designed to
make cyclists more visible to motorists day and night, from a distance of up to 1 km away and from any angle,
including the side. As soon as you start pedalling the Pedalite pedals uniquely harvest and store a small amount of
energy so the lights continue to flash when the cyclist is freewheeling or has stopped at a road junction.
75% of Cycling accidents happen at, or near, a road junction [source RoSPA], where cycles need to be seen from
the side. Pedalite pedals help cyclists create their own virtual cycle lane as motorists naturally give cyclists with
Pedalite pedals a wider berth and distance, increasing their safety.
When cycling it is vitally importance to being seen from the side by other road users and to ensure you have lighting on a bicycle even during daylight hours for when you ride through a shadow or a cloud comes overhead.
Pedalite pedal lights also help cyclists create their own virtual cycle lane as motorists naturally give cyclists with Pedalite pedals a wider berth and distance, increasing their safety.
As soon as cyclists start pedaling the Pedalite pedal lights uniquely harvest and store a small amount of energy from the bicycle so the lights continue to flash when the cyclist is freewheeling or has stopped at a road junction.
Now used by tens of thousands of cyclists Pedalite 360 degree pedal lights are fast becoming a global phenomenon. Pedalite pedal lights complement other cycle lighting systems, providing emergency “running lights” and essential side lighting.
Pedalite products, being battery-free, usually provide a full “pay back” of the purchase price to customers during the first year of purchase from elimination of the cost of replacement batteries for cycle lights that are usually needed.
Regarding quality, Pedalite 360 degree visibility pedal lights are made from Dupont polymer (as developed originally with NASA for the space industry), the lens from a polycarbonate that is the same spec as bullet proof body armour, the pedals have medal super-grip studs and are a high quality product that is endorsed by not only Tony Doyle (world champion cyclist) but also customers in over 40 countries. The crash testing performed on Pedalite products is to a very high standard and specific quality testing of Pedalite products can be seen on our quality page, all of this results in virtually no warranty claims (returns rate globally of less than 0.3%) and a reputation that continues to grow and grow.
Tony Doyle, twice World Cycling Pursuit Champion, four times European Track Champion and ardent cycling safety campaigner is
an ambassador and spokesperson for Pedalite and strongly endorsing the products stating “Pedalite pedal lights were the biggest aid to cycling safety since helmets”.
- Flashes front, back & sides when pedalling starts for 360° visibility
- Keeps flashing even when pedalling stops (up to 5 mins.)
- Visible 1 km (over half a mile) away
- Very simple, standard fit on all adult & child bikes
- No batteries, no maintenance: fit & forget!
- Tough & durable with a full 1 year warranty
- Non slip surface and super grip studs
- Compatible with the Pedalite toe clip
- Making cycling safer worldwide; patented and award winning
Pedalite vs. Similar-yet-Inferior Lighted Pedals:
- In most markets, including the USA, the use of LEDS in the reflectors (the orange reflector bar at front and rear of a pedal used by those inferior products) is illegal – the law in most countries says that this panel must be unencumbered and not be obstructed or altered in any way. The police in the UK and several other countries use Pedalite pedals.
- Other similar yet inferior pedals do NOT store energy – therefore – when pedalling is stopped (e.g. to freewheel or at a road junction where 75% of all cycling accidents happen, the lights go out. At the very crucial time when a cyclists needs to be seen (esp. from the sides) they get the “now you see me now you don’t” dangerous scenario. Fortunately with Pedalite you have full lighting for up to 5 minutes even after pedaling stops.
- On environmental issues Pedalite also is in a different class to those inferior lighted pedals. Obviously Pedalite pedal lights are completely battery free (harvesting & storing the existing kinetic energy from the rider's pedalling), there is no extra energy required from the rider. However, more importantly, the packaging for Pedalite is made predominantly from recycled paper and there is no plastic. The other brand pedals are packed in plastic which takes approximately 100 years to biodegrade in landfill sites.
Check out Pedalite's Solar-Powered Safety Lighting:
Check out Pedalite's Green Oil Products:
A unique and revolutionary range of award winning ecological, environmentally friendly bicycle chain lube, oil, chain
cleaners, bike cleaners, eco grease and lubricants that are non toxic and are made from naturally occurring plant
extracts, a blend of which produce a high performance lubricant, grease and cleaners.
Click on above image to view Green Oil Product flyer (.pdf) or HERE to browse its product page.